* September 14-16, 2011
- International Masters of Gaming Law 2011 Fall Conference, Viennna, Austria. IMGL
. Panel: "Protecting players from themselves, what could go wrong?"
* June 10-12, 2011
- National Council of Legislators from Gaming States Summer Meeting, Napa, California. June 18, 2011, Panel on Internet Gambling. NCLGS
* June 7-9, 2011
- Global Gaming Expo Asia, Macau. G2E Asia
. Panel: "Legal Language: Current Gaming Law Issues." In this session experts will examine the Macau concessions system, the impact of the Macau smoking ban, the increase in age for admission and employment in Macau casinos from 18 to 21, the distribution of Stanley Ho's equity in SJM, the lawsuits and investigations involving the LVS and online poker's Black Friday.
* June 7, 2011 - Annual Review of Macau Gaming Law, 6:30 pm, Auditorium II, Library, University of Macau. Open to the public. "From Fantan to VIP Baccarat: a hisotry of games of chance in Macau," by Jorge Godinho, Associate Professor, University of Macau; "Macau casino anti-money laundering legal framework," by Duarte Chagas, DICJ Legal Advisor, Macau Government; "Poker's Black Friday," by Professor I. Nelson Rose.
* May 24-26, 2011
- iGaming Super Show, Dublin, Ireland –Keynote speaker. The biggest iGaming buy propecia in 2010, with more than 150 exhibitors and in-depth conference tracks. Networking buy propecia s, including Calvin Ayre's 50 birthday party. 100% free for all delegates. iGaming Super Show
* May 16-19, 2011
- CasinoFest 9, Tulsa, Oklahoma – Keynote Address May 19. "Gambling and the Law®: What a Difference a Year Makes." Premier training and education opportunities for gaming professionals. Conference provides unique learning opportunities in an intimate setting that fosters meaningful networking. Conference program is divided into seven distinctive tracks, each targeting a specific area of gaming management. Expo area; opening golf tournament and a welcome cocktail reception. CasinoFest 9
* May 17-19, 2011
- GIGSE (Global Interactive Gaming Summit & Expo), San Francisco, California – Opening the conference and chairing the first day, May 17. Moderator and panelist on "UIGEA Today -- Legal Reality and Operational Challenges for Today's Operators and Financial Institutions." GIGSE
* February 24, 2011
- ABA Gaming Law Minefield, Las Vegas, Nevada. "U.S. Treasury v.(?) Casinos".
* February 22, 2011 -Public meeting of the California Task Force on Problem Gambling, Office of Problem Gambling, Sacramento, California. Prof. Rose is on the Task Force.
* October 11, 2010 - Monaco iGaming Exchanges, Monte Carlo, Monaco – Panel "Winners in iGaming in America Will Be..."
* September 1, 2010
- Casino Fest 8, Fantasy Springs Hotel & Casino, Indio, California – Keynote Speaker "The Past, Present and Future of Legal Gambling." http://www.casinofest.org/
* June 15, 2010 - CCH Training Session, Hong Kong – "Gambling Law."
, +852 2526 7614, CCH Hong Kong Limited, Room 1608, 16/F, Harcourt House, 39 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
* June 8, 2010
- Global Gaming Expo (G2E) Asia, Macau – “A Critical Look at Gaming Regulations.” G2E Asia
* May 21, 2010
- International Masters of Gaming Law Spring Conference, New York, New York – “International Gaming Opportunities and Challenges." IMGL.
* May 12, 2010 - GIGSE (Global Interactive Gaming Summit & Expo), Montreal, Quebec – “Intra-state versus Federal."
* March 11, 2010 - California Problem Gambling Summitt, Sacramento, California – Keynote speech.
* March 10, 2010
- Harness Tracks of America & Thoroughbred Racing Associations Annual Meeting, Indian Wells, California – Keynote speech. HTA
* February 17, 2010
- 3rd Annual Tribal Casino & Hotel Development Conference, Pechanga Casino, Temecula, California. Native Nations buy propecia s
* January 30, 2010
- Villanova Sports and Entertainment Law Journal Symposium 2010, Villanova, Pennsylvania - “The Third Wave of Legal Gambling.”
* October 1, 2009
- South American Gaming Suppliers Expo, Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Panel: "El Futuro de Argentina, Aspectos Generals, Modelos a Seguir" (Argentina's Future, General Aspects, Models to Follow). SAGSE
* September 23, 2009
– International Masters of Gaming Law Autumn Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Panel: “Asia Pacific Update.” IMGL.
* September 16, 2009
- European iGaming Expo Conference (EiG), Copenhagen, Denmark – Panel: "USA in the spotlight: Does the new American administration mark the end of UIGEA?" www.EiGexpo.com
* June 2-4, 2009 - Global Gaming Expo (G2E) Asia, Cotai Strip Convention Center, Macau.
* May 25-29, 2009
- 14th International Conference on Gambling & Risk Taking, Lake Tahoe, Stateline, Nevada – paper "The Politics of Prohibition." Institute for the Study of Gambling & Commercial Gaming, University of Nevada-Reno, Phone: (775)784-1442, Fax: (775)784-1057 http://www.unr.edu/gaming/
* May 7, 2009
- Southern Gaming Summit, Biloxi, Mississippi – Panel, presented by International Masters of Gaming Law: "Internet Gaming Update." 10 - 11 am. Bnp Media Gaming Group, (256) 852-4490, http://www.sgsummit.com/.
* April 29, 2009
- Canadian Gaming Summit and International Masters of Gaming Law Spring Conference, Windsor, Ontario – Panel: "Crossing the Great Divide." 11:15 am - 12:05 pm. MediaEDGE Communications, Elizabeth Trew: 866-216-0860 Ext. 254, http://www.canadiangamingsummit.com/2009/index.shtml
*March 6, 2009 - 3rd Annual Nevada State Conference on Problem Gambling, Las Vegas, Nevada – "Compulsive Gambling and the Law."
*February 25, 2009 - Asian I-Gaming Congress & Expo, Macau – "Regulatory Panel: Online Gaming Regulation by Market & Platform."
*February 23, 2009 - Universidade de Macau, Faculty of Law, International Business Law Seminar Series No. 1: "Anti-money laundering: a roundtable discussion," University of Macau.
*January 9, 2009 - National Council of Legislators from Gaming States, Winter 2009 Meeting and Seminar, Scottsdale, Arizona - "New Internet Gambling Regs: Putting Benefits and Burdens on the States."
*November 6, 2008 - Les Jeux D’Argent en Ligne: Approche Européenne Comparée (Academic Conference: Online Gambling), Universite Paris Dauphine, Paris, France – "The Law of Internet Gaming."
*October 21, 2008 - Asian Gambling Briefing, Singapore – "Predicting what ‘flavor’ of gaming will predominate in Asia."
*September 12, 2008 - 2008 Gaming Law Symposium, sponsored by the Drake Law Review and the International Masters of Gaming Law, Drake Law School, Des Moines, Iowa – "Implementation of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act."
*September 3, 2008 - Encuentro Internacional – La industria de juegos y sorteos en Mexico: dinamismo ordenado y sustentable, Mexico City, Mexico. The inaugural conference by the newly created Asociación de Permisionarios de Juegos y Sorteos [Association of Permitted Operators of Gaming and Lottery Operators] of Mexico. Featured speaker – "The Future of Gaming in Mexico."
*June 4-5, 2008 - Global Gaming Expo (G2E) Asia, Cotai Strip Convention Center, Macau – "Cross Border Betting," "Regulations and the Law: Macau Style."
*June 13, 2007 - Macau Tower – "Regulation and Compliance: An International Standard."
*February 12, 2008 - Fantasy Sports Trade Association, 2008 FSTA Winter Business Conference, Denver, Colorado - Keynote Address: "The UIGEA and Fantasy Sports."
*February 8, 2008 - Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Web Seminar, "E-Commerce: Weighing the AML Risks."
*January 4, 2008 - Main luncheon speaker at the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States 2008 Winter Meeting in Scottsdale, Arizona.
*July 2, 2007 - "New Scenarios in Gambling: The Globalization," Summer School of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, El Escorial, Spain. Presentation on "Online Gambling" and panel "Debating New Technologies."
*June 11-15, 2007 - University of Macau post-graduate course in Gaming Law, Macau, SAR China. Visiting Professor, co-taught two-week class.
*June 5-7, 2007
- Global Interactive Gaming Summit & Expo (GIGSE) , Montreal, Quebec -- Keynote speech. www.gigse.com.
*April 25, 2007
- Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Units and International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts, Annual Training Conference, “The Changing Law of Internet Gambling.” Vancouver, Canada.LEIU
*February 6, 2007 - State of California Gambling Policy Advisory Committee, Sacramento, California, “The Changing Law of Internet Gambling: Legal Internet Poker in California?”
*December 5, 2006 - Fifth Annual Racing & Gaming Summit, Tucson, Arizona, “Internet Gambling.”
*May 22-26, 2006 - Thirteenth International Conference on Gambling and Risk Taking, Lake Tahoe, Nevada - “Cross- Border Betting.”
*April 10, 2006 - International Gaming Conference & Expo, San Jose, Costa Rico
*February 9, 2006 - Fourth Racing Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada - “U.S. Ignoring April Deadline In W.T.O.”
*October 22-23, 2005 - 2005 International Gaming Law Seminar, Vancouver, Canada - “Off-Reservation Gaming.”
*September 19 - 23, 2005 - International Association of Gaming Attorneys, Vancouver, British Columbia. Contact: Kerry Koenig, Executive Director, IAGA, 480.474.4378,
*July 21 - 26, 2005 - "First Conference of the Asian Academic Network on Commercial Gaming,"
*July 21-22, 2005 at Osaka University of Commerce and
*July 24-25, 2005 at University of Macau. Contact: Kelly Fong, Secretary, Institute for the Study of Commercial Gaming Faculty of Business Administration, University of Macau, Macau SAR PR China, Phone: 8533974700, Fax 853848135, http://www.umac.mo/
*June 1 - 30, 2005 - "International Gaming Law," a two-credit law school course, Whittier Law School's Summer Abroad Program in Santander, Spain. http://www.law.whittier.edu/academic_programs/spain.asp
*April 28, 2005 - Association of Bay Area Governments Spring General Assembly, "Casinos on the Bay Area Landscape," San Francisco, California. Phone: 510-464-7900.
*April 16, 2005 - "2005 Critical Issues in Gaming Policy Summit," The Taxpayers Network, Las Vegas, Nevada. "The Role for State Legislators in Indian Gaming." Phone: 262-752-0137.
*Feb. 18, 2005 - "Land for Tribal Gaming: To Shop or Not to Shop," American Bar Association 9th Annual National Institute on The Gaming Law Minefield, Green Valley Ranch Resort & Spa, Henderson, Nevada. Contact www.abanet.org/cle/programs/n05glm1.html or phone 800-285-2221.
*Dec. 8, 2004 - "Legislated for Success?" Racing and Gaming Summit 2004, Tucson, Arizona.
*June 28, 2004 - "The Spread of Gambling in Asia," University of Macau, Macau, Peoples Republic of China.
*March 22, 2004 - California Association of Racing Fairs Satellite Conference, Monterey, California. Keynote Speech.
*Feb. 12, 2004 - "Gaming Enforcement 2004," The Eighth Annual National Institute on Gaming Enforcement, presented by the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section and the Center for Continuing Legal Education, Las Vegas -- "Indian Gaming Compacts.
*Oct. 28, 2003 - Golden State Gaming Association, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Commerce, California. "Developments in California."
*Oct. 2, 2003 - International Gaming Law Conference 2003, Lisbon, Portugal. "Limiting Political Campaign Spending by Casinos."
*Sept. 16, 2003 - Global Gaming Expo, Las Vegas, Nevada. "Internet Gambling" and "Compulsive Gambling."
*May 26-30, 2003 - Twelfth International Conference on Gambling and Risk Taking, Vancouver, Canada. "Telegambling: The Future Law of Online and Wireless Wagers."March 13, 2003 - Bingo World Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada. "Recent Developments."
*Dec. 8-10, 2002 - Prof. Rose will be at the 6th Annual International Symposium on Internet and Wireless Gambling Law and Management. His topic at the Atlantis Hotel-Casino, Paradise Island, the Bahamas will be "Entertainment and Technology Competitors Enter the Field." Contact info: www.bioconferences.com/igi.
*Oct. 3, 2002 - Prof. Rose will be presenting a paper on "Cross Border Betting: The Law of Internet Gambling," in Barcelona, Spain at the Fifth European Conference on Gambling Studies and Policy Issues, sponsored by the European Association for the Study of Gambling.
*Sept. 18, 2002 - Prof. Rose will be moderating a session at the Global Gaming Expo("G2E"), the largest gaming tradeshow, on "Navigating the Regulatory Obstacle Course for Bingo and Printed Ticket Operators" at 9:15 am - 10:15am at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Contact: http://www.globalgamingexpo.com.
*Aug. 3, 2002 - Prof. Rose will be addressing The Council of State Governments, and the Southern Legislative Conference's Executive Committee in New Orleans. These are the presiding officers (Senate Presidents and House Speakers) and chairs of the appropriations and ways and means committees in 16 Southern states.
*June 13, 2002 - Prof. Rose will be addressing the North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries at the Spring Directors' Meeting, Newport, Rhode Island.
*Feb. 7-8, 2002
- Moderator of a panel on Internet gaming at "Gaming Enforcement VI," The Sixth Annual National Institute on Gaming Enforcement, presented by the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section and the Center for Continuing Legal Education, at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas. Contact 800-285-2221 or 312-988-5522, or register here
*Feb. 1, 2002 - Orange, California. Chapman University School of Law, Gambling Law Symposium. " Gambling and the Law®: Federal Laws, Internet Gambling and the Wire Act." Contact: Chapman Law Review 714-628-2582, Fax 714-628-2501,
*Jan. 30, 2002
- Reno, Nevada. Instructor for the Legal Aspects of the Gaming Industry class of the University of Nevada Reno's Gaming Management Certificate Program. "Update and Trends on National, International and Internet Gaming." Contact 775-784-4062 or 800-233-8928 or for more information: http://www.dce.unr.edu/gaming/gam.htm.
*Nov. 25-27, 2001
- The Fourth Annual International Symposium on Internet Gambling Law & Management at the Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. Contact Michele Keesser, TEL: (914) 834-3100 Ext. 624, email:
*Oct. 22-25, 2001 - 2001 International Gaming Law Seminar, Paris, France. Contact Sue Stitt at
*Oct. 1-3, 2001 - Co-chair of the Public Policy track of the Global Gaming Expo, October 1-3, 2001, Las Vegas Convention Center. Contact Mike Critser at
*July 7 - 8, 2001
- World Poker Industry Conference, Prof. Rose will be speaking on the 7th, at the Orleans Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada. Contact info: Bonnie at www.cardplayercruises.com
or call 888-999-4880.
*May 17, 2001 - Professor Rose will be teaching "Indian Nations and Internet Gambling" for the Federal Bureau of Investigation's "Indian Country Gaming Seminar" in Michigan. Attendance is limited to FBI Special Agents, Bureau of Indian Affairs Investigators and Tribal Police and Tribal Gaming Officials. Contact: FBI, 935 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20535.
*May 4-6, 2001 - “Second International Think Tank on Issues Surrounding Youth Problem Gambling,”by the Institute for Research on Pathological Gambling at Harvard Medical School and the International Centre for the Study, Treatment and Prbuy propecia ion of Youth Gambling Problems at McGill University,
*March 29-30, 2001 - "The Gaming Industry: Current Legal, Regulatory, and Social Issues,” an ALI-ABA (American Law Institute - American Bar Association) Course of Study,
*March 29-30, 2001
at the Aladdin Resort. We just arranged to expand my time-slot on Internet Gambling, because the Attorney General of New Jersey, John J. Farmer, Jr., asked to join me to state his views on a proposal in the New Jersey Legislature, which would allow Atlantic City casinos to take bets online. Contact ALI-ABA Committee on Continuing Education at 800-253-6397, www.ali-aba.org
*Feb. 15-16, 2001
- "Gaming Enforcement V," The Fifth Annual National Institute on Gaming Enforcement, presented by the American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section and the Center for Continuing Legal Education, at Caesars Palace. Contact 800-285-2221 or 312-988-5522, www.abanet.org/cle/programs/n01gen1.html
*Nov. 26-28, 2000 - Professor Rose will be speaking at the "Fourth Annual International Symposium on Internet Gambling Law & Management" at the Royal Antiguan Hotel in St. John's, Antigua. Put on by BioConferences International, Inc.
Contact Christopher Dauer, TEL: (914) 834-3100 or email:
*October 10-14, 2000 - Venice, Italy - Venice Lido - International Gaming Law Conference.
Contact: www.THEIAGA.ORG, Sue Stitt 1-702-384-3840.
*August 3-5, 2000 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Harrah's - Bingo Bugles Convention.
My presentation will be on Sat.
*August 5, 2000
Contact: www.bingobugle.com, Roger Snowden, 1-800-327-6437
. July 27-28, 2000 - Las Vegas, Nevada - The Mirage - World Poker Industry Conference. I will do a seminar with Robert Garcia 11 am - Noon on
*July 27, 2000 on "Legal Issues Affecting Cardrooms."
*June 12-16, 2000 - Las Vegas, Nevada - MGM Grand - 11th International Conference on Gambling and Risk Taking.
Contact: Bill Eadington (
*March 29, 2000 Las Vegas, Bingo World Conference "Update on Indian and U.S. Bingo."
*March 16-17, 2000 - Las Vegas, Nevada - ALI/ABA (American Law Institute / American Bar Association) Course of Study: The Gaming Industry.
Contact: Sol Schreiber (
*January 19, 2000 - Reno, NV - University of Nevada - Legal Aspects of the Gaming Industry - UNR "Update and Trends on National, International and Internet Gambling." Contact: Dianna Frank (
*December 16, 1999 - San Diego, California- National Conference of State Legislators, Tourism and Economic Development.
Contact: Judy Zelio (
*October 21 - 24, 1999 - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Harvard Law School.
*September 25 - 30, 1999 - Paradise Island, The Bahamas - Atlantis Hotel - International Association of Gaming Attorneys annual conference, Internet Gambling panel.
*September 14 - 16, 1999 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Venetian Hotel/Casino - Lehman Brothers Fixed Yield Conference, "Developments in California." Contact: Pedreira, Jane (
). Coincides with World Gaming Congress & Expo.
*August 24, 1999 - Court T.V. 10:30 a.m. - Noon. Commentator.
*July 27, 1999
- Indianapolis, Indiana - National Conference of State Legislators.
"Betting on the Future of Gaming Revenue." Contact: Judy Zelio (
*May 24, 1999 - Albuquerque, NM - Hilton Hotel - North American Gaming Regulators Association, Gambling and the Law : Predicting the Unpredictable. Contact: Pat Finnegan (
*May 13, 1999 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Venetian Hotel/Casino - Twenty-First Annual National Gaming Conference, sponsored by the Nevada Society of CPAs. Contact: Gary Barnard (
*May 5, 1999 - Las Vegas, Nevada - Mirage Hotel/Casino - World Poker Industry Conference. Contact: Linda Johnson (www.cardplayer.com), Card Player Magazine.
*April 29-30, 1999 - Omaha, Nebraska - University of Nebraska - Gambling and Gaming Conference. Preconference Workshop on April 29 and Kick-Off Keynote Speech on April 30. Contact: Dawn Arnold (402-595-2355), University of Nebraska, College of Continuing Studies.
*April 13, 1999 - Sacramento, CA - California State Lottery s Peace Officers, Training Session.
*March 11, 1999 - Las Vegas, NV - Convention Center - World Bingo Conference & Expo. Contact: Norman Sawers (
*March 7, 1999 - Las Vegas, NV - Canyon Gate Country Club - Whittier Law School Alumni Luncheon. Contact: Maria Harris (714-444-4141).
*Feb. 20, 1999 - Philadelphia, PA - Villanova University School of Law - Sixth Annual Villanova Sports & Entertainment Law Journal Symposium, Place Your Bets: Who Will Hold the Cards in Internet Gambling? Gambling and the Law : 100% Legal Gambling on the Internet? Contact: John R. Bryck (